1/1/10

My New Year's New and Old

Japanese want to have something new when welcoming New Year. I had planed to get new obi from my favorite kimono shop. But..when I visited second time after I made up my mind "I gonna get it!", it was disappeared.... So I wore my mother's old obi as new. Now my mother's waist is about double of mine, but the obi is a bit short for me. Does this mean that I would have triple waist size when I would become my mother's current age?

After the new year celebration (just ate a lot) at my parents house, we went Rakugo comic story telling performance. It was wonderful. The story was about Kabuki actor. Rakugo comedian express colorful and active Kabuki performance by just words. This is another Japanese traditional art but very hard to tell foreigners (sad). I laughed and laughed.

At the exit of Rakugo theater, there was nice New Year decoration but who took this photo? We can't see the full display...sorry...

5 comments:

Venantius said...

執筆をありがとう新年についての何か。 日私はらくごうの性能を見ることを望む。 弁解の間違い。

Shino said...

Venantius さん!
thanks for your comment. it is a bit mysterious but I appreciated it.
ありがとうございました

Venantius said...

Shino-san. I speak some Japanese but in this case I used one of those translation programs. Next time I will write more at my level. :) Frankly I like your blog. At some point you must consider using specific Japanese Color words. I was thinking of the words I see in Dictionaries such as Nihon no iro Jiten. This is just a thought mind you. But keep up the great effort. Honti ni arigatou.

venantius j pinto

Venantius said...

Sumimasen. Machigaemashita. Hontou ni arigatou.

Shino said...

Venantius san,
No problem! My English might have lots of Machiae-s but I really thank nobody blame of it.
OK I will write Japanese color words. I need to study them though it is fun. Thanks for your suggestion.